Police Log: Feb. 7, 2018


Port Townsend Police Department officers responded to 221 calls for service between Jan. 26 and Feb. 1, including 5 911 calls, 4 reports of burglaries, 6 calls for assistance from other agencies, 1 incident of harassment, 4 thefts and 3 reports of threats made. Officers also made 76 traffic stops.

The following are some of the calls officers dealt with during that time period:

Police responded at about 11:40 a.m., Jan. 26 to an area near the Haines Park and Ride where a youth was seen stumbling and falling as he walked. The youth became aggressive when officers approached him. He was taken into custody for being a minor in possession and transported to Jefferson Healthcare Medical Center for evaluation.

At 6:35 a.m. on Jan. 29, police were notified of a vehicle parked in a marked “No Parking” area of a construction zone on Tyler Street. The car was parked directly over an area that was a drill site. Because of the position it was parked in, dollies were needed to tow the vehicle.

A resident on Holcomb Street contacted police at 9:50 a.m. on Jan. 29 to report that it appeared gas had been siphoned out of her car during the night. Neighbors also reported similar incidents. A syphon hose and gas can were recovered, and one of the vehicles, found with its gas cap open, was discovered to be stolen. The vehicle was returned to the owner.

At 9:20 a.m. on Jan. 30, police responded to a residence on Lawrence Street where a large metal dumpster was found next to the reporting party’s vehicle. The normal location of the dumpster was uphill from the vehicle, and the owner thought perhaps the previous night’s high wind gusts may have caused the dumpster to roll downhill and into her vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at approximately $1,000.

Officers responded at 4:15 p.m., Jan. 31 to a business on Water Street from where the business owner reported chasing a suspect down Water Street. The suspect was located and arrested. Stolen property was found on the waterfront and returned to the owner. A man was booked on suspicion of first-degree burglary, theft in the third degree and malicious mischief in the third degree.

A man was arrested at 2:45 a.m., Feb. 1 for threatening his boss. When police approached the suspect, he refused to follow commands. He was transported to jail and booked for trespassing in the first degree, theft in the third degree, felony harassment, burglary in the first degree and resisting arrest.

At 8:42 a.m. on Feb. 1, police were called to respond to an address on Jefferson Street where two men were engaged in a physical assault. One of the men ended up in the water with an abrasion on his head. He was arrested for fourth-degree assault, taken to Jefferson Healthcare for evaluation and then transported to jail.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment