Port Townsend Police Log | Loud and vulgar

Posted 1/13/21

Port Townsend police received 116 total calls for service between Monday, Nov. 30 and Sunday, Dec. 6. Below are selected reports. 

At 11:31 a.m. on Nov. 30, officers received a report of a …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Port Townsend Police Log | Loud and vulgar


Port Townsend police received 116 total calls for service between Monday, Nov. 30 and Sunday, Dec. 6. Below are selected reports. 

At 11:31 a.m. on Nov. 30, officers received a report of a stolen trailer log splitter in the 400 block of Cass Street. The caller said the theft occurred earlier in November. Police estimated the value of the stolen goods at $1,000.

At 12:01 p.m. on Nov. 30, officers received a report of an attempted burglary at a business in the 500 block of Logan Street.

According to staff, someone attempted entry through the front door of the business, as evidenced by damage to the lock on the door. Access was not made inside; staff will be checking with a neighboring business to see if there is any video footage of the incident.

At 1:32 p.m. on Nov. 30, a woman in the 800 block of Maple Street reported a possible fraud.

The woman said she received a phone call from a security firm informing her that her Social Security was under attack. The caller had a heavy foreign accent. The woman provided the last four digits of her Social Security number but discontinued the conversation due to suspicions about the authenticity of the call.

At 4:25 p.m. on Dec. 1, vandalism was reported in the 400 block of 35th Street. A woman said the front passenger window of her 1995 Honda Civic had been broken out. The doors to the car had been locked at the time, and nothing appeared to be taken from the interior. Officers noted that the incident appeared to have occurred overnight.

At 5:22 p.m. on Dec. 1, a caller in the 1100 block of Water Street alerted police to a van that had been parked all day on the street, with liquor bottles been strewn about the surrounding area. An officer arrived within 15 minutes of the call but the vehicle had already left. 

At 1:18 a.m. on Dec. 3, police received a report in the 2100 block of Hill Street of two men who had been carrying a ladder from the caller’s neighbors house.

The pair were last seen running toward the golf course. The caller said when he came outside to let his dog out, the dog bolted onto the neighbors property and he heard a voice next door say “big dog” before the two fled.

Police believe it was more than likely that the caller interrupted a burglary in progress. Police found indications near the neighbor’s garage that suggested someone had been the area recently.

At 6:52 p.m. on Dec. 3, a serviceman who resides in the 4200 block of Hill Street near the fairgrounds told police that he had seen a delivery arrive at his residence via a door-mounted camera he had installed. A short time later, two males, one with a red beard, arrived at the scene. The pair both walked up and down near the front door, but eventually left the area. The serviceman requested that police take custody of his package for safekeeping until he returned home.

At 7:23 a.m. on Dec. 4, a woman in the 600 block of Hancock Street called to report that the tires on her Subaru Outback had been slashed overnight.

Police observed damage to the side wall of the tire, suggestive of a slashing incident.

While responding to the call, police discovered another victim nearby. Police contacted another visibly intoxicated woman who said that she too had been the victim of a tire slashing. Officers were unable to determine if the woman’s tire had been slashed, or the air simply let out. 

At 9:46 p.m. on Dec. 4, police received a report of loud music in the area of the fairgrounds on the 4900 block of Landes Street. The caller said the music had been playing consistently loud for the past hour and they had also overheard a rather vulgar conversation emanating from one of the tents nearby.

Officers made contact with several campers and contacted the night watchman on duty at the grounds. The watchman told police that he was unaware of any issues. 

At 2:04 a.m. on Dec. 5, officers were called out to a dinner party in the 200 block of Thomas Street when the caller reported that her dinner guests would not leave her residence following an argument. The woman told police that she had invited the two individuals over but that they were now arguing and refused to leave when asked.

Police noted that the woman was not permitted to have guests at her residence. The two guests eventually departed the location.

While on-scene, officers were advised that the woman who had called them actually had multiple warrants for her arrest. The woman was arrested for the outstanding warrants.

At 12:08 p.m. on Dec. 5, a man in the 2300 block of Rosecrans Street told police that he found the door to his residence left open and noticed items missing.

The man believes the event occurred while he was home, and he said tools had been taken from the garage.

Police estimated the value of the stolen goods at $200. The man told police the tools had been engraved with identifying information.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment