Fire destroys RV in Chimacum

Posted

An abandoned RV was destroyed by fire on Friday, Sept. 8 near the Chimacum School District bus barn. There were no injuries.

East Jefferson Fire Rescue (EJFR) was dispatched to the fire in the 400 block of Center Road at 12:05 p.m.

“The RV was actually located in a field about halfway between Center Road and West Valley Road,” wrote East Jefferson Fire Rescue public information officer Bill Beezley in a press release. “By the time firefighters arrived, the RV was fully engulfed in flames.”

The fire was extinguished in about 27 minutes, he wrote.

The 26-foot-long RV had been unoccupied for more than a year. The owner of the property on which the RV was parked had hired someone to smoke out some yellow jacket wasps that had taken up residence inside the vehicle.

The man had started a fire in the RV at about 8 a.m., then returned later with a fire extinguisher and put the fire out.

The fire smoldered for a while before flaring up again and burning down the structure, according to EJFR.

No estimate on damages was provided.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment