11/15 Police Log

Posted 11/14/17

The Port Townsend Police Department responded to 162 calls between Nov. 3 and Nov. 9, including 8 general alarms, 2 burglaries, 8 thefts, 4 incidents of malicious mischief and 3 reports of fraud. …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

11/15 Police Log


The Port Townsend Police Department responded to 162 calls between Nov. 3 and Nov. 9, including 8 general alarms, 2 burglaries, 8 thefts, 4 incidents of malicious mischief and 3 reports of fraud. Officers stopped 2 drivers for operating a vehicle under the influence and made 23 other traffic stops.

Officers responded to a call at 1:05 p.m. on Nov. 3 after it was reported that a man was lying alongside the road on Blaine Street. The man said he didn’t need any help and that he was just napping. He then complained of chest pain, and medics were called to transport him to the hospital.

On Nov. 4 at 11:35 a.m., a woman reported to police that her purse had been taken from her unlocked vehicle sometime overnight. Along with her purse, approximately $40 in cash was taken from the vehicle’s glove box.

Officers responded to a residence on 25th Street at 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 4 after it was reported that a man had shot a juvenile in the back with a pellet gun and had thrown knives at other children in the area. The reporting party was a guest in the suspect’s home, officers were told. When the reporting party confronted the suspect, the man said he did not know why he had assaulted the kids. The victim of the assault said he was throwing things on a backyard fire and that the suspect became annoyed and shot him with a BB gun. He also said he had been stabbed by a knife the suspect threw at him before he was shot, a report said. The suspect was arrested and taken to jail.

A resident filed a report with the police department at 8:40 a.m., Nov. 5, stating that a green, four-wheel garden wagon was taken from his front yard on Pierce Street. The theft had occurred the previous night.

Police responded to a business on Kearney Street where a woman was seen assaulting a man at 1:30 p.m., Nov. 5. Officers found that the woman was intoxicated and refused to get out of her vehicle. She was arrested, taken to the hospital for evaluation and then transported to jail.

At 3:35 p.m. on Nov. 5 police responded to the City Dock on Water Street, where a man reported he had been hit multiple times and pushed around by another man. The suspect had left the area on a bicycle, riding up Monroe Street. The victim had red marks on his face and neck, but refused aid. The suspect was located on Washington and Adams streets, arrested for assault and taken to jail.

On Nov. 6 at 8:05 p.m., police were called to a store on Sims Way where a man had opened a bottle of alcohol, drank half of it and refused to pay. According to the reporting party, the man was intoxicated before he came into the store. The suspect began yelling that he didn’t care if he went to jail. He began opening more bottles and continued to yell. Police detained the suspect,who admitted to consuming alcohol and not paying for it because he didn’t think he had any money. After he found he did have some money, the store agreed to let him pay for the items. He was released, and the same Sequim cab that had transported him to the store returned and took him away.

Police were notified at 4 p.m. on Nov. 8 about an incident that took place at the Haines Park and Ride earlier in the day. The reporting party said that someone had cut the fuel line on his vehicle.

Police were called to an area on Sims Way at 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 9, after it was reported that tents had been set up behind some buildings, and the occupants were polluting and trashing the area. Two tents were found; no one was in the area. The reporting party told police he confronted an older man who had threatened his dog, and he also told police he observed a woman in a car who had left the scene. A man believed to be responsible for the litter returned to the scene and cleaned up the area.

At 10:30 a.m., Nov. 9 , a resident living on Victoria Avenue reported to police that he was sitting in his living room at approximately 2 p.m. on Nov. 8 when an unknown man entered his home, sat down and demanded money. When the homeowner reached for his phone to call 911, the suspect left the scene. The man is described as being approximately 6 feet tall and has a bushy goatee. When the suspect left the man’s home, he got into an older vehicle. The homeowner was unable to provide more information on the color or type of vehicle. Later that day, another resident living in the same neighborhood contacted police to report that on Nov. 1 between 2 and 3 a.m., someone opened a window and moved the curtains in her daughter’s bedroom. When the daughter said “Hello,” the person fled. Because both incidents occurred in the same neighborhood, it’s possible they could be related.

A resident contacted police at 11:55 a.m. on Nov. 9 to report one of the tires on his vehicle had been slashed on Oct. 31. The cut was perpendicular across the tire tread and appeared to have been made with a knife.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment