Port Townsend Police Log | Clownin' around

Leader News Staff
Posted 11/14/22

The Port Townsend Police Department received a total of 156 calls between Friday, Oct. 28, and Thursday, Nov. 3. Below are selected reports.

At 6:50 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, in the 200 block of …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Port Townsend Police Log | Clownin' around


The Port Townsend Police Department received a total of 156 calls between Friday, Oct. 28, and Thursday, Nov. 3. Below are selected reports.

At 6:50 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, in the 200 block of Monroe Street, an employee told police that her manager was getting in her face and making threats. The employee was followed out to her car by the manager, who started saying threatening things and warned that if she sticks around, they’re going to make her disappear. Officers arrived in the area and spoke with the manager and employee. No threats of violence had been made, and the dispute was civil and management-related. Since no crime had been committed, officers left the area.

At 9:15 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, some teens near the Water and Taylor streets intersection reported being chased by someone dressed in a clown costume with full makeup. Officers contacted the group of minors. The teens told police that the clown appeared to be carrying a bat or stick of some sort. Officers searched the area before eventually finding a man in a clown costume. He said he was dressed up for a party in Uptown, and had a bat as part of his costume. He apologized for spooking the kids, and the minors recanted their statements that the guy chased them or had a weapon.


At 3:55 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, suspicious activity was reported in the 2000 block of Ivy Street after a resident told law enforcement that an unknown man came to his garage and started drinking from the outdoor faucet. The resident didn’t know the man and described him as being 20 to 30 years old, 6 feet tall with a medium build, and wearing a camouflage or dark green jacket. Officers checked the area for the man. Nothing was taken from the garage and the man wasn’t located.

At 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, in the 14th and Landes streets intersection, a caller reported hearing a heated argument between a man and woman. They didn’t see the two, but the caller heard them yelling at each other for a few minutes.

Officers contacted the pair. The couple said they were headed back to their hotel from a party and ended up being lost. They had started yelling at each other in frustration and both were intoxicated. No crime had occurred and the couple returned to their hotel. 

At 9 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, a resident in the 2000 block of Ivy Street reported multiple Amazon packages that had been stolen from the front porch. A small bin of packages went missing around 5 p.m. the day before, with a dry spot remaining where the bin had been.

The missing items included three sets of posters, two coaster holders, plant fertilizer, and a fish tank decoration. The total cost of the items was $114 and there are no suspects. A police report was taken.

At 10:22 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, a vessel was reportedly capsized near the 900 block of Water Street. The boat was flipped upside down and had washed ashore. Nobody was seen in the area and the U.S. Coast Guard was contacted. The Coast Guard was already aware of the capsized boat and would not be responding to the scene.

At 8:40 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, in the 500 block of Sheridan Street, a caller reported her purse being taken in the deli section of a nearby grocery store.

The purse contained her medication, wallet, and credit cards. Twenty minutes later, a store employee found the purse in an open box in the deli section. The woman’s purse was returned to her.


No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here