Port Townsend Police Log | Non-leasher learns a lesson

Leader News Staff
Posted 10/21/22

The Port Townsend Police Department received a total of 181 calls between Friday, Sept. 23, and Thursday, Sept. 29. Below are selected reports.

At 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 25, in the 300 block of Sims …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Port Townsend Police Log | Non-leasher learns a lesson


The Port Townsend Police Department received a total of 181 calls between Friday, Sept. 23, and Thursday, Sept. 29. Below are selected reports.

At 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 25, in the 300 block of Sims Way, a man was trespassed from a business for sexually harassing a female employee. The man had previously been trespassed for a verbal altercation with the store manager, and staff members called the police after he started harassing the employee.

An officer arrived at the business and was waved down by employees. The suspect had already left the store in a maroon car. He was not located by police. 

At 9:40 a.m. Monday, Sept. 26, a case of domestic violence was reported after a witness saw a man throw a woman to the ground.

The caller said the two were struggling on the ground in a church parking lot, and a second caller reported seeing the man banging his head on a car door. He also attempted to wrap a rope around the woman’s neck, according to the second caller. Officers arrived in the area and spoke with both parties. They were both interviewed and had photos taken for evidence. The officers ended up establishing probable cause for second-degree domestic violence assault. The man was booked into jail.

At 1:45 p.m. Monday, Sept. 26, a resident in the 600 block of Clay Street was reported for leaving harassing notes at a nearby building.

The reporting party told law enforcement that one of the notes talked about heroin and meth usage.

One note that was left on a neighbor’s door said, “Don’t do meth,” the reporting party said. An officer advised the caller that this behavior wasn’t considered as criminal harassment considering no threats were made, and advised the resident to apply for an anti-harassment order if need be.

At 3:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 26, in the 2000 block of McClellan Street, a neighbor reported a dog running around outside without a leash on. They said the canine defecated in their yard and the dog’s owner began cursing at them for taking photos of the incident. Officers arrived and advised the dog’s owner to keep the dog on a leash.

The officers also advised the neighbor to apply for an anti-harassment order. The dog owner was told to keep his canine leashed or he would be cited if it happened again. 

At 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, a noise complaint was made in the 2700 block of Jefferson Street after a boat with loud music was heard near the marina. Officers drove to the location and checked the boat ramp. The boat was later heard and located at a gas station in the area, and the owner appeared to be passed out on board.

An officer boarded the boat to check on the man’s health. Beer cans were scattered on the vessel and the man was able to wake up and turn the music off. He left the area soon after.

At 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the 2200 block of Highland Loop, a resident informed police that their car had been stolen.

The vehicle, a moss green Subaru Impreza with California license plates, had been stolen over the weekend and the car was valued at $18,000. The car was last driven a few days back, and the owner believed it was locked.

At 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, a caller in the 1600 block of 21st Street told police that a paper bag filled with two weeks worth of medications was stolen while she was at work. There is no suspect and a theft report was taken.

At 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, in the 500 block of Bryan Street, a caller told law enforcement that an unknown man walked into their house.

The caller had no idea who the man was, and he apparently walked inside and started walking on top of furniture.

An officer drove to the scene and contacted the man. After questioning the man, his responses were inconsistent, with his story changing multiple times.

Probable cause was established for burglary and trespassing, and the man was arrested and booked into jail. He was charged with residential burglary and first-degree trespassing.


No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here