Inviting a downpour of words! Join us on the third Thursday of the month at Finnriver for a friendly evening of community-building and story-sharing.
Each month we post a general theme or topic and writers of all ages and experience are invited to respond and to bring a piece of writing to share, up to 250 words maximum-- fiction, non-fiction, poetry or anything in between. Written pieces should be appropriate for all audiences and uphold community values.
The theme for December will be: Rain
Here are some prompts you may choose to use if one is useful to get you started, but you are encouraged to respond freely to the theme!
· Describe a moment of full immersion in rain
· Write from the point of view of a raindrop as it travels
· Describe your relationship with rain
· Explore rain as a metaphor
· Begin with this line: “In a rainforest, it rains” (from “Wet” by Marybeth Holleman) and follow the rain where it takes you...
Go for it! Release your outpouring of words. In the spirit of rain, let your words flow---then come share them with the community.
Date & Time:
12/16, 1/20, 2/17, 3/17, 4/21
Finnriver Pavilion, Porch or Haybarn. Bundle up in cool weather!
See our VISIT page, https://www.finnriver.com/visit for protocols. Proof of vaccination currently required.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here